Facing criminal charges is very serious, and can also be scary and stressful. Hiring a criminal defense attorney to protect your rights, create a strong defense, and support you legally is smart.
(1) They understand the law. Criminal law is complicated. In many cases, understanding the charges filed against you isn’t easy. An experienced attorney is familiar with examining evidence, evaluating plea bargain options, considering the best available defenses, and knowing what to expect if a case goes to trial.
(2) They develop stronger strategies. Every case is different, and a criminal defense attorney will take the time to investigate and research to get the best results based on the specific circumstances of your case.
(3) They can find expert witnesses. Attorneys often already have relationships with expert witnesses from previous cases, or they have the resources to easily contact these kinds of witnesses.
(4) They save you time and money . In today’s world, time is money and the longer you spend arguing your case, the less time you are earning wages at your job. A skilled attorney expedites the legal process, which can save you significantly in the long run.
They protect your best interests.
not every prosecutor follows the law. In fact, some coach witnesses and hide
evidence. Having an attorney looking out for you and the law could mean the
difference between a guilty and non-guilty verdict.
(6) They focus on the big picture. A criminal record could prevent you from getting your dream job someday. Hiring an attorney could mean avoiding a conviction altogether. If you are found guilty, an attorney can also appeal to remove your criminal record, depending on the nature of the crime.
(7) They provide support. Many people don’t understand exactly how a criminal defense case can turn someone’s life upside down. As a defendant, you may experience fear, depression, anxiety, and shame. Your attorney is an objective party that will help you cope with these emotions and keep them out of the courtroom.
If you need a criminal defense attorney in Rochester, NH, rely on Hanlon & Zubkus. Contact us today to discuss the specifics of your case and we’ll come up with a plan for moving forward.1��:�